You may have noticed the work being done by GDOT at the intersection of Monroe & Armour. PHCA just received this press release from GDOT on the evening of July 7.
Previously, GDOT had reached out in January with some information about a potential future project in 2022, and we never heard a word about the project again.
Once we saw the unanticipated construction and the ensuing mess of traffic, as well as no clear benefit from the $1.6 million tax-payer expense, we have contacted the GDOT Project Manager and invited them to attend our August 3 PHCA Monthly Meeting, as well as many city officials, to inquire about what can by done, what is the final plan, how can we have a voice in making this monstrosity into something that's actually beneficial. All we've received so far is this press release.
We encourage you to reach out to any/all of these contacts who may be able to make a difference with this project. Feel free to cc PHCA at email@example.com! Please know that your PHCA Board is doing our best to facilitate communication and a better solution to this problem that's affecting residents and others working in Piedmont Heights, particularly Armour Yards.
- Andrew Bryant, GDOT Project Manager - ABryant@dot.ga.gov
- Ike Duru at GDOT - IDuru@dot.ga.gov
- Josh Rowan, Atlanta DOT - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Felicia Moore, City Council President – email@example.com
- Jennifer Ide, City Council Representative for PiHi District 6 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Westmoreland - City Council Representative At Large - email@example.com